Pay Per Media Launches – Super High CPMs… Arbitrage Opportunity?
I have a friend who operates about five websites – from real estate to sports news to social gossip. He has been talking up Pay Per Media for *weeks* and is super excited to exploit the high CPMs that they promise ($10.00-$20.00 CPMs).
My gut reaction is the same as TechCrunch’s –
1) why did it take so long for someone to try this?
2) more importantly, this is going to be wildly annoying
3) what happens if your computer is on mute? I have to imagine that most office computers are defaulted to mute or have headphones plugged in…?
But here is a one take on it:
My friend’s point is pretty simple: shouldn’t it be pretty simple to exploit Pay Per Media pretty clearly through arbitrage?
* Buy traffic at minimal CPC rates
* Have Pay Per Media always turn on (who cares if they never return – this is purely for arbitrage)
* The landing page will additionally have content and some AdSense or CPM banners… any traditional advertising is gravy at that point