Jibe is hiring a VP of Technology. The job is based in New York and a great opportunity to work with leading social technologies as the fourth employee of a great startup. I blogged about why I think Jibe is an important company tackling a big market at the time of Polaris’ investment. Since that time, the company has done its private beta and is hustling towards full public launch. Especially in light of the expanded Facebook functionality announced at F8, we think the opportunity is bigger than ever.
Jibe is firing on all cylinders, and Joe, Peter, and Toby are a talented, lean, and hardworking crew to join on this mission. They’re also great guys on a personal level. The full job spec is below. Feel free to ping me with any questions before applying.
COMPANY JIBE - http://www.jibe.com
POSITION Vice President of Technology
LOCATION New York, New York
JIBE created the first “Employment Networking Platform” that opens up the social graph of both employers and job seekers to identify the most trusted & qualified candidates.
Designed to bring the power of social networking to online career search, JIBE integrates Facebook and Linkedin to enable employers and applicants to leverage the overlap of their social graphs. From previous co-workers to friends who work with a specific company, JIBE recognizes matches between these two networks as they apply to a job opportunity.
JIBE empowers employers to efficiently search and evaluate relevant candidates that are connected to other employees in their company. By creating a referral-based recruitment process it helps ensure a more satisfied employer and new employee. JIBE’s “employment networking platform” gives applicants benefits that no other job site provides, including the relevancy of job postings to their social connections and real-time status updates about their applications. This level of transparency and feedback gives job seekers the insight needed to get hired for the job they want.
You will report to the CEO
Your responsibilities will include:
- Recruit, support, train, mentor, motivate and lead a best of breed technology team;
- Identify, architect, develop, implement and maintain technology solutions to meet the company’s strategic business objectives;
- Implement a flexible and scalable infrastructure to support a dynamic product roadmap and prioritize deliverables;
- Implement process and procedures in software development and hardware management that speed the company’s time to market for new products;
- Clearly communicate progress and hurdles you and your team face allowing senior management to make data driven decisions
- Manage schedules, budgets and staffing for multiple simultaneous projects;
TECHNICAL & MANAGEMENT QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience building and leading a highly motivated technical team, in a dynamic product development environment.
- In depth knowledge of Ruby, MySql, graphing databases and search solutions;
- Extensive knowledge building and managing a scalable web infrastructure;
- Experience managing consumer facing web applications and products with substantial traffic volumes and large surges;
- Extensive knowledge in build/release engineering and change management;
- Experience with iterative product development processes;
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
- Business minded engineering executive, with the ability to partner with the Chief Executive Officer and executive team;
- Superior management skills with the ability to create innovative systems that serve the organization’s revenue and business objectives;
- Creative problem solver with a “can do” attitude, a passion for the intersection of media and technology and an enthusiasm for bringing innovative technology products to market;
- A business partner to the senior executive team;
- Lateral thinker with the ability to articulate a strategic decision, give clear direction to technology team and lead by example/inspiration;
- A technical innovator who can amplify product direction with sound advice and creative solutions;
- Willing and able to roll up his/her sleeves and be ‘hands on’ in the process of building and directing the technology organization;
- An excellent communicator with the ability to work effectively at all levels within the organization;
- Impeccable attention to detail and planning along with a process-driven approach towards achieving objectives.
An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate. The compensation package will include a base, bonus and equity.
Send cover letter, resume, and work samples to: