I have been slow to update my blog's "job board"... but have two great companies and opportunities to add to the list. I am fortunate to spend time with each of these companies: excellent products, teams and communities.
Job specs are below. If you are interested in either company, please let me know directly: rspoon @ polarisventures
Formspring is a social question & answer service that has seen meteoric growth (my blog post here). They are looking for engineers and designers to join them in San Francisco. It is a terrific opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company and build large, impactful products that touch 10m's of users:
- Jr. Software Engineer (PHP)
- Senior Designer
- Sr. Software Engineer (PHP)
- Systems Engineer
ShoeDazzle is a monthly online shoe society, working with a team of Hollywood stylists to choose shoes for each member every month based on the member’s unique fashion personality. ShoeDazzle delivers unique products (stylized shoes) in a unique experience (monthly and at a fixed price of $39.95)... and their community is active, passionate and excited (50,000+ Facebook Fans).
ShoeDazzle is looking for a Director of Social Media & Community. Details are below:
The Director of Community and Social Media will be ShoeDazzle’s social media maven. This person will drive the development and implementation of all social media marketing programs and expand ShoeDazzle’s web presence and user base. The position takes ownership of all marketing efforts on social mediums including blogs and viral marketing campaigns for ShoeDazzle.
- Create and execute ShoeDazzle’s social media strategy that will exponentially grow the user base
- Be the company’s expert on understanding social media marketing and functionality on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress, and other core social platforms.
- Responsible for aggressively using social media to drive consumer engagement and grow ShoeDazzle’s online community.
- Produce innovative, efficient and measurable social media programs that will engage ShoeDazzle’s users
- Drive viral marketing campaigns using social networking tools
- Develop and drive events, contests, promotions and incentives to keep the ShoeDazzle community actively engaged
- Work cross-functionally with the Marketing, PR and Creative teams to develop tools to support social media initiatives (i.e. landing pages for social media contests, offline promotions, etc)
- Increase customer life time value through targeted customer communications and appropriate incentives and promotions
- Managed and produce regular contributions to blogs and social networks that will interact and communicate with the community, expanding ShoeDazzle’s web presence
- Responsible for analyzing and monitoring web metrics (e.g. page views, Twitter followers, fans) and strategizing web content accordingly while providing reports to senior management
- Identify and implement weekly, daily and often real time content updates
- Stay up to date on social media tools online communities and share knowledge with the rest of the organization
- 5-7 years of online marketing experience with 2-3 years of social media marketing preferred
- Possess a keen understanding of social media’s added value to ShoeDazzle’s product offering since it is an integral part of how customers engage with the company
- Expertise around crafting and executing user acquisition and retention campaigns on social media platforms
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute marketing strategies, with measurable and consistent results
- Ability to manage social applications effectively with an expert understanding of the technologies deployed by social media
- Deep understanding of social network structures with experience effectively using social media/Web 2.0 tools to effectively communicate and build relationships
- Familiarity with dynamics of ROI/metrics related to social media channels
- An analytical mindset is a MUST! It is critical this person test, test and retest marketing campaigns
- A charismatic, credible communicator who can lead by example
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, operates with urgency, focus and discipline
- Have the ability to thrive in a high energy, fast growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable
- Strong team player who can build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- A cost conscious, proactive problem solver who can maximize the resources of a start-up
- Ethical, fair and of high integrity
Compensation: VERY competitive + equity